Gold Coast Support Services
Gold Coast Office location: 1/24 Bay Street, Southport QLD 4215Phone: 07 5679 3300 / Fax: 07 3274 1930 Email: Fmhss_gc@accoras.org.au Accora Programs: Family Mental Health Support Service (FMHSS) Free outreach support for children and young people showing early signs of mental health concerns.
Attachment and Biobehavioral Catch-up (ABC) A parent coaching program for parents with infants aged between 6 and 12 months. This support is offered to suitable Accoras clients, aiming to build resilience in infants who may have experienced stressful times. Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information*Education
Access Child and Youth Mental Health
Self-referrals, family referrals, doctor's referral, a school teacher's referral, or any other professional's referral can all be made to the CYMHS Access Service between 8.30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
This intake process may lead to a more in-depth face-to-face evaluation of the individual or a facilitated referral to alternative specialised services. Please call 1300 642 255 Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information
Act for Kids
Act for Kids – Intensive Family Support (IFS)Intensive Family Support is a program for families with children aged 0-18 years who are experiencing multiple and complex needs. Case management service. Catchment area is Ormeau to Coolangatta.
Act for Kids – SafeCareIn-home parent education program for children 0-5 years delivered over several months focusing on Parent-Child interactions, Health and Safety. Phone for referral process. Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Education
The Benevolent Society
Programs include:- Child and Youth Behaviour Support- Family & Parenting Information and Referral- Parent Coaching- Intensive Case Management provides a range of family support services to help make families safer and make positive changes in their lives.- Early Years Centres provide free services that range from infant health checks and supported playgroups to immunisation clinics and parenting classes. Childrens groups include: Kinder music, Sing, Move & Play, Infant Massage, Grow With Me, Pram Push and Sensory Playgroups. - Parenting programs include: Circle of Security, Incredible Years, Triple P and 123 magic. New Enquiries please call 1800 236 762 Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Groups
Child and Youth Mental Health Service - Continuing Care Team
Child Youth and Family Health
- Baby clinics - health advice for infants from birth to four years
- Home Visiting - by referral
- Breastfeeding Clinic - practical assistance
- Day Stay Centres - where a longer period of one-to-one time with a health professional is required
- Parent Education Groups - an informal setting to discuss health issues, guest speakers attend
- Open Clinics - weigh and monitor infant progress between routine clinic visits
Coomera Springs Child Health Coomera Springs State School CampusOld Coach Road, Coomera Springs, QLD (07) 5687 9183
Upper Coomera Child Health 1 Brygon Creek Dr, Upper Coomera, QLD (07) 5687 9183
Helensvale Community Health, 105 Lindfield Rd, Helensvale, QLD (07) 5687 9183 Nerang Child Health 40 Martin St, Nerang QLD (07) 5687 9183
Labrador Child Health 130 Gold Coast Hwy, Labrador, QLD (07) 5687 9183
Robina Health Precinct Level 3/ 2 Campus Crescent Robina, QLD (07) 5687 9183
Palm Beach Child Health 9 Fifth Ave, Palm Beach QLD (07) 5687 9183
Compassion Services – Compassion 4 Kids
Fabic Behaviour Specialists
Supporting children, young people and adults with challenging behaviours.
Shop 34 Worongary Shops 1 Mudgeeraba Road, WORONGARY 07 5530 5099 (Ph) 0412 615 798 (Mob) Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Training
Griffith University Psychology Clinic
Infant-Parent Counselling and Consultancy Service - Helen Baker
Assessment and Therapy for families and infants (0- 3 years). Support with improving parent/child interactions, building positive attachment and relationships between parents and children, sleep problems and parenting support. Infant-Parent Counseling focuses on the needs of both parents and their babies and toddlers, as well as the importance of their developing relationship. The emphasis is on improving both parents and their babies and toddlers emotional health, as well as working towards positive relationships. In-home counselling service.
Family Relationship Centres - Centacare
- - couples preparing for marriage and couples who would like to strengthen their relationship
- - parenting, personal and relationship issues
- - children and families experiencing divorce and separation issues including grief and loss
- - family violence responses and prevention for women, children and men.
Gold Coast Project for Homeless Youth
- Admin: 07 5591 3746 – Mon to Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm
- The Gold Coast Project for Homeless Youth offers several services including:
- Advice and Referral to young people
- Immediate Accommodation: Lawson & Bill Hoyer Houses, 16-18 years (14 beds)
- Transitional (Medium-Term) Housing: Bannister House & Jessica Dunne Lodge, 16-19 years (12 beds)
- Semi-Supported Transitional housing through our STAY Units for young people 16 to 25 years (8 beds)
- Mobile support service for young people 16-25 years at risk of homelessness. Mobile Support: 5537 6090 – Mon to Fri 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Support to secure and sustain a tenancy for for young people 16 to 25 years
- Transition to Tertiary Education (TTE) Program for 18 to 25 years
- The Tenancy and Support Team young people reach independence. The program offers a range of support services for young people to secure and sustain stable accommodation. Features of the program include: Supporting young people to establish and sustain housing, Providing activities and programs for developing life skills and building capacity for independent living, Assistance with budgeting and debt management
Youth Housing:Referrals are taken 7 days week, 7am-8pmCall 5591 3746 and press 1 for referrals or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss how The Gold Coast Project for Homeless Youth can assist you please call 07 5591 3746 Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Phone support *Groups
Gold Coast Youth Service
- Housing & Support Program (HASP)
- Open Access (OA) - The Miami Service Hub also provides access to facilities such as a bathroom, kitchen, laundry and computer. Facilities can be accessed Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm.
- YASS provides practical support that is free and confidential for young people aged 12- 21 yrs who identify as needing support with: Family relationships or connecting with community/support networks. School, education, training/employment. Being at risk of harm or homelessness.
- Youth Accommodation Program- YAP is an externally supported transitional housing program for young people aged 16 to 21 years, & young families aged 16 to 25 years, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Emergency relief assistance for young people (up to 25 years).
Mindhack Effective Psychology
Dr Susan Rowe works with children who have experienced trauma. Also provides family therapy and parenting skills support. Provide: * Face to face counselling
Ohana for Youth
Practical Behaviour Solutions
Wesley Kids Mental Health Services
Tuning Into Kids parenting group, for parents of primary school aged children is a six week emotion coaching program. Parents can use emotion coaching to support their children to regulate emotions and manage stressful events.
Creative Arts group, is a four week program offering drumming, clay work, circus skills and more, children and their families are guided to use the joyful medium of arts to explore themselves, learn skills and build resilience and wellbeing. This is play-based learning for emotional wellbeing. For more information please call 5625 1901 . Provide: * Face to face counselling *Groups
Uniting Care Community – Child, Youth and Family Services
Counselling support provided for families and children suffering crisis or emotional distress. Courses also run for children, men, women, parents and youth. Pathways to Grow. Please call 5579 6000 Provide: * Face to face counselling
St. Vinsent de Paul - Child & Family Services
Access to Centrelink on Thursday mornings from 10am - 1pm.
Access to Health professional on Thursday mornings from 9:30am – 12pm a specialised drug and alcohol health worker is available to provide individual health education/counselling for young people aged 12 – 25 years. No referral is required and unlimited sessions are available.
YHES House also offers Young Parents Program for young parents aged 12 - 25 years and a New Parents Support Group. 161 Scarborough Street, Southport QLD 4215. For more information please call: 5528 5333 Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Phone support *Groups
The Rainbow House - Children's Grief Education & Support
What does the rainbow house offer? They offer an onsite Children’s Club, an @Home Program that can be accessed online by purchasing a membership. They also offer a range of free online resources. Children’s Club - provides support, education and community for children aged 7 to 11 dealing with grief and loss. Provided offer 5 small group sessions, program held onsite over 5 weeks with intakes each school term. Free Service. Parents and Caregivers are welcome to take part in our concurrent Parent’s Club, led by Deirdre Hanna. This peer-based, group support aims to help parents and caregivers address their own grief, while educating them on how to provide support for their child through the family’s grief journey. The Rainbow House can be contacted on 0412 455 176 Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Groups
Online Support Services
Young People Support Services
COPMI Kids and young people
Helps young people aged 12 to 25 years who are going through a hard time and would like someone to talk to for advice, support and information regarding there health, mental health or substance use. Visits are free and confidential. Services are provided online, by email, by phone or in person with qualified staff. It’s free, confidential and can be anonymous. Provide: * Face to face counselling *General Information *Phone support *Online counselling *Groups
Child and Youth HealthHeadspace
Stymie alerts are being sent to schools across the country about bullying, illegal activity, depression, anxiety, family violence, self-harm, planned fights, and other hidden behaviors. Provide: *Online reporting system *General Information