Hospital Alcohol and Drug Service (HADS)
- You will require an assessment before receiving a detox admission date.
- An assessment can be completed by your local community Alcohol and Drug Service (AODS) or your GP.
- Admission to HADS requires an assessment to work out if this is the most appropriate treatment for you.
- HADS offers detox for Subutex, Methadone and Suboxone.
- It can be up t a few weeks wiat to get into detox and it is highly recommended that you keep in contact with staff whilst you are waiting for your admissionm date. Please call (07) 3646 8704 for more information.
- You will not permitted to smoke within 5 metres of the hospital grounds. You will be encourage you to focus on quitting with the help of Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Cigarettes will be locked away and returned on discharge. Visitors are not permitted at HADS to ensure that all clients have a safe admission without any access to alcohol or drugs that are not prescribed by the treating team. Eligibility:
- Receive Centrelink benefits
- No violence or threats of violence
- No sexual activity between patients